A minimum of 12 hours spread over at least two days. Ideally, the course should be run over two consecutive days, but must be completed within 6 weeks of starting the course, with each training session a minimum of two hours.
A range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Mental health conditions
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
A maximum of 16 students are allowed on the course and must be a minimum of 16 years of age. A certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.
A range of methods are used, including practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).
A Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (RQF) will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. Valid for 3 years.
Available at our training centre, or for a group at your workplace or organisation