This course updates the first aid skills for people who need to renew their statutory first aid at work certificate and whose existing certificate is still valid.
First aiders whose certificates have expired must attend the three day First Aid at Work Training Course. Your current, valid certificate must be shown as proof prior to commencement of the training course.
WHAT WE COVER
- Incident management
- The priorities of first aid
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Health and safety (first aid) regulations
- Accidents and illness
- Using a first aid kit
- Simple record keeping
- Haemostatic dressings and tourniquets – depending on personal risk assessment
- Burns & Scalds
- Heart attacks
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains & strains
- Severe allergic reaction – Anaphylaxis
- Eye injuries
- First aiders whose certificates have expired must attend the three day First Aid at Work Training Course. Your current, valid certificate must be shown as proof prior to commencement of the training course.
- You must be aged 16+ to attend any training course held by Wren Training.
Two days – 12 teaching hours.
ASSESSMENT & CERTIFICATIONS
Successful candidates receive the full Ofqual regulated First Aid at Work certificate valid for three years after completing a practical test.
Please contact us for full details. This is a practical course so appropriate clothing should be worn.
Available at our training centre, or for a group at your workplace or organisation.