This one day course covers the content of the Level 1 course but also expands on the effects of drugs and alcohol, incorporates the First Aid for Mental Health Action Plan and covers ways in which a positive mental health culture can be supported within a workplace.
WHAT WE COVER
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Mental health conditions
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
- No previous experience or qualification required.
- You must be aged 16+ to attend any training course held by Wren Training
- Please ensure you have read and fully understand our Training Course Booking Conditions before booking any of our training courses.
A minimum of 6 hours spread over at least one day. Ideally, the course should be run in one day, but must be completed within 3 weeks of starting the course, with each training session a minimum of two hours. .
ASSESSMENT & CERTIFICATIONS
A range of methods are used, including practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice). A Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health (RQF) will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment Valid for 3 years.