This Ofqual regulated qualification covers the practical skills needed by a first aider in the modern workplace. Approved by Qualsafe Awards, an Awarding Organisation recognised by Ofqual to offer regulated qualifications
The first aid at work training course will give you the confidence and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies. Recommended for higher risk work places.
Ideal for nominated workplace first aid representatives, or anyone wanting a comprehensive First Aid course.
WHAT WE COVER
- Incident management
- The priorities of first aid
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Health and safety (first aid) regulations
- Accidents and illness
- Using a first aid kit
- Simple record keeping
- Haemostatic dressings and tourniquets – depending on personal risk assessment
- Burns & Scalds
- Heart attacks
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains & strains
- Severe allergic reaction – Anaphylaxis
- Eye injuries
- No previous experience or qualification required.
- You must be aged 16+ to attend any training course held by Wren Training
- Please ensure you have read and fully understand our Training Course Booking Conditions before booking any of our training courses.
Three days – 18 teaching hours. The course is usually offered as three consecutive days, however we are happy to tailor courses to your requirements so please let us know what you want.
ASSESSMENT & CERTIFICATIONS
After completing a final assessment, successful candidates receive an Ofqual regulated qualification wall certificate plus a credit card sized plastic card certificate. This deems you competent and safe as a workplace first aider, so you will need to take part in the practical parts of the training course.
Please contact us for full details. Certification is valid for three years. This is a practical course so appropriate clothing should be worn.
Available at our training centre, or for a group at your workplace or organisation.